Reverb is an incredibly important effect that can add life to a track. How you use it is totally up to you. Reverb can be subtle or blatant, sound natural or add interesting flavors to the mix. Using it effectively takes skill and experience, and knowing the right techniques.
Here is a broad collection of tutorials that aim to teach you those techniques, starting with great advice for the beginner, progressing to advanced techniques, and showing you how to produce some classic reverb effects. Work through them in order, or jump to the tut that most interests you. When you’re finished, review what you’ve learned with the quiz.
For even more tutorials, check out all of our posts tagged “reverb”.
Posts in this Session September 2012
- Why Reverb Is the Most Essential Effect in Your Toolkit
- How The Hell Do I Use Reverb Anyway?!? Basix
- How the Hell do I Use Reverb Again?!?
- David Bowick Is Interviewed About Reverb
- The Ultimate Guide to Hardware and Software Reverb
- Open Mic: Which Reverb Plugins Do You Use?
- Quick Tip: How to Create a Natural Reverberation Sound by Bussing Correctly
- Dynamic Reverb Returns
- Quick Tip: When Your Reverb is Too Wet… Duck!
- How to Create an 80s Gated Reverb
- How to Create the Reversed Reverb Effect
- How to Use Convolution for Reverb & Effects
- Audiotuts+ Quiz #18: Reverb